Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nothing special.

I wont forget the way September tastes. The way I lost everything and in defeat I walked away. You were wrong about me. You could never keep me warm. Swallowed it down with the taste of strangers, it burned in my hollowed out ribcage. Living on pillows and sheets and falling asleep to the lullaby of passing trains and a ringing telephone that I refused to answer. Static on the television. Dreams of a bigger life but not knowing if the world would change. Losing hope... I lost all hope in you. Your city's lights grew dim in the back of my mind but you never could. And all of these stupid acoustic songs I sang at the top of my lungs completely drunk in bars filled with smoke and people I wouldn't dare keep with were cries out for attention because no one else would listen. I can't forgive myself, and neither should you. Goodbye for good, my dearest friend... I'll always remember when I tasted you (and nothing will replace it).

No comments:

Post a Comment