Friday, March 20, 2009

progression isn't a matter of playing out of key, it's a matter of singing your own tune

Humming along to the tune of violins. Beautiful sounds fill the room but in my head and caught in my throat... discord (something else).

I'm finding it difficult to put the melodies to the harmonies. I'm out of sync. I'm on the floor beaten and bloodied, catching my breath and waiting for the deathblow.

I need to find my way to my feet. I need to fight this, but I'm unsure as to if I have the strength.

And every time that I let out even a breath of air, I'm spitting out nothing but blasphemy. I'm out of key. Singing along to a different song in my head while the others are playing their grand symphony. I wish I could agree.

Forte! Forte! Crescendo some more! Until I'm screaming my lungs out. CAN YOU HEAR ME?!

1 comment:

  1. when im bored, i go to your posts from what 60 billion years ago..and a sit. and read. the same poems over & over. its this one, INK, Beautification and by the ocean.

    ReplyDelete