Monday, April 20, 2009

I stole this from myself so I could get famous.

Glances shooting in all the wrong directions
Plagaristic parasites burrowing into my spine
Unfolding in front of me like paper airplanes
Scars on a porcelain city skyline mean nothing

Nothing at all to anyone of us as we
Waltz to the sound of breaking glasses
And the rhythm of running bath water
Pulling up our feet and sinking into it.
When we emerge we will be reborn into
Sadistic cruel adversaries of ourselves
Built of carrion and feed for the vultures
Built of fake smiles and kisses like razors

No one told me when I was a boy
That this would ever happen
I never really knew what to expect
I never expected to fail like this

Breathe out. Is it poison
That smell in the air feels
A lot like sitting in a car
With a hose in the window
Singing me to sleep softly
To the beautiful sounds of
Breaking glass in three/four.
Echoing in dimly lit hallways.

So it is said
That this passing of emotion
Will leave the river dry
So it is known
That this pestilence coming
Is sweeping the countryside
So it is broken
Into my skin like the
Bruises and scars in leather
So it is said
That I'm becoming nothing
Just like this dwindling population...

This is a chorus for the undying trees
Singing symphonies with the wind
Drunk off the wine that gives us our life
And falling sleep in the primordial jacuzzi
This is the song that we sing so loudly
From the tops of buildings in burning cities
Drowning so deep in our vices because we don't
Know what to do about them anymore...

Not anymore...
The taste of cigarettes
Replacing the love in the world
Burning at the stakes with
The witches and the prostitutes
Who said you could never buy love?
Love is nothing but a symbiotic
Parasite eating away at my knees
Love is nothing but a chemical in
Your mind. It isn't real but it
Means something. It means everything.
It's what makes this world go around.

Passion in the form of a pill
Says refill.
Passion in the form of a poem
Says throw me away.
Passion in the form of lust
Says be a stranger yourself.
Passion in the form of love
Says please forgive me I

Never meant to leave you high and dry
Come home. Darling I need you.
Passion in the form of a girl says I
Need to find something more for myself.

Keep on drinking alcoholic.
Keep on dreaming make-believer.
For the sound of glory will
In time open up its wings and
It will enfold you completely
You'll hear violins weeping for
You as you exit your body and
Return to the source of this
Circuitry and you'll be reborn.
You will rise from your ashes
And this parasite will be gone.
Eradicated from your consciousness
Erased and forgotten and when you

Taste the summer air
From the hills of this
Reformed countryside
Clean and full of life.
No secondhand smoke to
Crowd you in the corner
Of this room. No more.
You can taste the fresh
Apples hanging from trees
And smell the flowers that
Are blowing in the breeze.
You finally feel complete.

1 comment:

  1. This is obviously my favorite out of Today's new posts.

    one of my favorite stanzas :

    No one told me when I was a boy
    That this would ever happen
    I never really knew what to expect
    I never expected to fail like this

    and

    Passion in the form of a pill
    Says refill.
    Passion in the form of a poem
    Says throw me away.
    Passion in the form of lust
    Says be a stranger yourself.
    Passion in the form of love
    Says please forgive me I

    ReplyDelete