Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I lied. I wrote for you again.

Silence. All but the water dripping from the faucet into the sink two rooms away. You swore you would always love me. But it's not your voice or the sound of your breathing that fills my room anymore. It's not your smile being my sunshine every day from the moment I wake up. I miss you so much.

The good news, Carolina... there is no bad news.

I have you on my walls. I dug it in with my fingernails. Everything I ever wrote to make you smile. The alcohol graveyard that has filled your void since you've been gone. Since I left. I have everything I could ever want, but without you I'd rather be broken down.

Oh Carolina... with your flowers in the springtime filling the trees. With your beautiful city lights and your beggars on the streets belting out songs on broken guitars. I miss you.

I left a piece of me with you. From the moment I met you I knew you were my world and I threw it all away.

I still have your shoes. Your sand in my shoes. I still have the taste of you and your tears in my pillowcase. I still have your smile, Carolina. Come home to me and stay.

These drops of water are as loud as thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment