Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hands.

Why do I feel like a ghost?
Why do I feel like nothing I do
Makes a difference in the lives
Of the people who mean the most?
I'm buying them quick fixes and
Offering my priceless advice but
Nothing is ever kinetic. Nothing
Seems to change anymore these days.

I want to save you all from being
Afraid. From being held down.
I want to give you all my courage
And make fear a thing of the past.

You'll have the heart of a child if you
Stand by my side and never back down but
The company that you make will be what
Leaves you undone. You'll be just as lost
As I used to be. And I'm so scared that
When this happens I will have let you down
All you want is to find your way home and
Now that I've built mine with my bare hands
In the middle of nowhere, lost but aware I
Just want you to know that I'm here. I care.

So throw your heart in the wrong directions
Watch it crumble and break, weather away.
And if you get caught in the pouring rain know
That I'll always be here to hold you up.

All of you.
I love you.

(For the world... someday I will make a difference.)
The highway is long and it never ends, but I've seen every mile and I know where they go.

1 comment: