Monday, April 13, 2009

Pins and needles.

Feel the faint sensation in your fingertips.
You're beginning to breathe a little more steady.
From the top of this building get a birds-eye view.
It's so obscure. It's so misleading. Beautiful.

The sunlight hits the streets and the sidewalks,
Working its way effortlessly around whatever stop it.
I wish that I could be a little more like that.
Someday I will rival the sun in ambition and ego.

Someday every magazine will want to do a piece on me,
And every scientist in the world will want to dissect me,
And every critic in the world will want to bad-mouth me,
But I will be... Oh, I will be immortal.

But first I need to gather myself together;
Take control of my body, my soul and my mind.
Wash the bedsheets after my lustful nights
And leave the distilled happiness behind me.
Because it's not what they have made me, no.
It's what they've done and what they've broken.
I'm much better than the excuses that I make
But I can't seem to be mature enough to take the blame.

Someday I'll be on my feet, not in a bed.
Someday I'll look forward to what my day brings.
And someday I'll be in love like all of you.
Someday I won't have to live in burning envy.

My limbs are starting to wake up.

1 comment:

  1. ahh..the sweet smell of satisfaction.
    this is better than FOOD.
    i refuse to eat dinner now, i have to finish reading.

    ReplyDelete