Monday, April 13, 2009

A metaphor for a pathological liar.

I take a glass of water and sip from it.
It's nothing special so I tear open a pack of sugar
And I dump it in. It all falls to the bottom and
I take a spoon and stir it in, and then
I take another sip. It still tastes plain
It's still nothing special so I tear open another
And I dump it in, let it settle and then stir.
Expecting different results this time but nothing...

Repeating, repeating, repeating...
Nothing seems to be good enough for me.
It's all bullshit and no truth.
And I'm pouring in lies... excuses.

Eventually it gets to the point
where the sugar is more abundant than the water.
Suddenly what's honest is overrun with sweetness.
Suddenly the truth hardly exists

Between grains... being held in and sticky.
Disgusting. It dries my throat.
I can't say that I want this anymore
But it's a little too late to decide now.

So I dump it in the sink.
All that truth is wasted.
And I start all over again.
And it's not long before I

Start tearing up packets of sugar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment