Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not the best but it'll do.

I follow your eyes like the skies
Follow the stars as they're reflecting
Back into your eyes like a spark
Of light that seems so otherworldly
I sing to the moon as I walk in my
Shoes trying to find a place to rest
My weary head and my tired body
Right next to you, we made reservations.

Your eyes are glistening
With a salt stain on your cheek.
Darker around the eyes
I tell you "Dear, don't weep."

But you never listen to what I say.
I'm always wrong anyways,
Despite how sure I seem to always be
But your smile always shines on me.

You say,
"I love you,
For all that you are,
For all you'll ever be."

These miles aren't easy.

But the photograph couldn't
Be more clear than I see it.
You standing next to me, so
Proud of us and how far we've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment